Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Thursday Blog Hop -

Follow Thursday Blog Hop http://caroleecrafts.blogspot.com/

MyBest Pal.

My little dog is 14 now and is showing all the signs that an old lady of her years does.  Her memory is atrocious and her heart is a bit dickie.  This is a ditty I wrote about her around 4 years ago after one of our vigorous romps across the common with 2 year old twins in tow trying to keep up with her.
Now she struggles to keep up with them and they are looking after her.


Quiet, unobtrusive,
But mine exclusive.
So therapeutic,
Can't bottle it.

God help those
Who try to impose,
She's natures alarm,
Keeps me from harm.

The bond we share,
Such a powerful affair.
My love for her will be,
Equalled only by her devotion to me.

She asks nothing for herself,
So who needs wealth.
She gives her love freely,
Honest and truly.

Now she is ten, seventy of our years,
Am I prepared for the tears?

3 comments:

  1. Life is very hard without them as they are big part of our family lives. A lovely poem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this Carol. Our pets love us unconditionally does not matter what we wear or look like, a love to treasure.

    ReplyDelete