Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 November 2011

Handmade Monday is here again and this week I actually made it. Phew.

Finally this is almost finished, I have one edge left to bind.  It is specifically for my daughter as a throw for her huge settee in the conservatory which is choccy brown leather.  I made it quilt and go which means, to the uninitiated, each square is made complete with wadding and backing before attaching to the main article. It is 50% machine sewn and 50% hand sewn.  All the little coloured squares are just left overs from my stash.  In fact, I started it by sewing the small squares together as an experiment and it grew from there.







This is just one of a good number of lovely blogs to meander through for Handmade Monday so why not pop along to  1stuniquegifts/blog and sus the others out.  You will definately enjoy the experience.

19 comments:

  1. Carol, that is so lovely, it looks really lush, the colours are great, I'll bet your daughter is really pleased, lucky girl :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole the quilt is fantastic, my sofa's are dreadful so you have now inspired me to get stitching. When I get my machine back that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Carol, it is stunning!

    Now there's the little matter of a sofa to cover in my office/spare bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt, she will be so pleased, love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Carol, your daughter is a very lucky girl! Even the back is beautiful!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous Carol and will give me inspiration for my own secret project

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt Carol. very pretty. Your daughter is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are being a productive little person at the moment aren't you?:) I love this quilt, something I've never tried but the idea that it will be kept as a real family keepsake so appeals

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely throw. Makes me kinda wish for colder weather so that you could just snuggle under it. Anything that makes the cold outside worth it! Well done, great make and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great it must have taken ages to make especially with those tiny squares. I'm gonna show this to my mum and see if she'll make me one! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed! I've always wondered about the quilt-as-you-go method.might give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter will be thrilled with it I'm sure! It's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW you have some patience. I bet your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, that is just gorgeous and it looks perfect. And it looks like so many hours of work. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spectacular!!!

    Wish I was your daughter.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness - this is absolutely amazing! What a very lucky daughter with a fabulous mum!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is absolutely gorgeous! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your quilt, its amazing :)

    ReplyDelete