Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 December 2011

A new craft maybe?

I was the very lucky recipient of a starter kit for needle felting.  This is something I have often said I would love to try so now is my chance.  Not so easy, lots of tips to learn I am sure.  This is my first effort and before anyone comments I do sincerely hope to improve.  The kit was for a butterfly but I am one of those awkward people who like to do their own thing so having read and inwardly digested the instructions this is what I came up with.  
Now back to those 'tips' I mentioned.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I loved 'having a go' and would love to produce something worthwhile.  Also where can I buy felting needles, I do not recall seeing them in my usual haberdashery but that might be cos I wasn't lookin for them. What minimum quatities  can I buy the wool and where from?  Anything like that as I am a complete novice but suspect I am about to get hooked.  (Excuse the pun).

9 comments:

  1. I've always fancied having a go at needle felting! I believe you can get the stuff online. Might be worth having a look at Kirstie Allsop's website as I know she did some needle felting for her series. Your flower is lovely and I'm very impressed for a first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What super gift, something I have thought of trying (one day).

    Looks fab to me.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazin first go!
    tell me more about your starter kit.
    There are so many needles including multi pronged ones.
    Like Helen said, have a look at kirsties videos via 4OD as that is what made me decide to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol - that looks fantastic - try http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk for your Merino tops, they do the most amazing courses there too. Also you can buy tops on ebay... look around and see what else is out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great, Carol. It is addictive isn't it? Even my teeny try has made me want to do more. Not pictures like yours (I probably couldn't) but it will definitely be used with my free machine embroidery (should I ever persuade the machine to give it a go).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! I haven't ever done any felting so can't help with your questions but I would say you def have the knack of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so lovely Carol - well done and what a nice gift to get. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your makes. The one on CF is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah - instructions are simply guidelines for creativity!!

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year with lots of craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felting is so effective love the rose Carol well done

    ReplyDelete