Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 February 2012

New Beginnings

Oh not me.  I have started a new family quilt.  It is going to consist of 9 aplique panels, framed, and set into sashing - colours yet to be determined. lol.
As I have nothing ready for Handmade Monday I am using what panels already completed as my offering.  They are all hand sewn and my own design from my own hand made templates.  I tend to start a quilt with no definite idea of where it is going making it up as I go along. 
This is quite similar as I don't know what a panel is going to look like until I sit down to make it and I have no idea what colours the frames and sashing will be until  I have completed all the panels and lay them out.  Then I wait for inspiration - can take some time as I am not the most imaginative person about I can tell you. lol.

These are the four panels already prepared:-





I am a rotten photographer, the colours are not shown to be as vibrant as in real life but,  hey ho, you will get the idea.

Now pop along to www.1stUniquegifts.co.uk/blog  and see all the other lovely stuff on offer.  You won't regret it I can assure you.

8 comments:

  1. The colour combinations are great, you've a real eye for that. And the designs are clean and simple just what I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, email me your details - I just need your email addy and blog link (which I can do myself!) to link you up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the panels are superb and - let's face it - we couldn't expect a finished quilt every week, now, could we?! I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i envy you the ability to make quilts :) i'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous bright colours - bet the finished quilt will be stunning. Look forward to seeing it. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and happy, will look wonderful finished on a bed

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I could sew, this quilt is going to look great when finished, those panels alone prove it. Can't wait to see the finished result. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. I work a bit like you - creations just seem to evolve!

    ReplyDelete