Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 April 2012

Handmade Monday 9,4,12

Oh dear, I have been very lax again but do have a lovely tale to tell you.

I bought a couple of metres of fabric locally.  It was lovely to work with and the design was tiny, just fitted the bill for the job in hand.  However, I hadn't bought enough but on returning to my little fabric shop - yes, you have guessed it - all gone.
The only identifying mark on the scraps left was the word 'Belleboo' on a bit of selvage.  Not to be beaten I searched all the fabric shops on line - nothing. 
Eventually I typed in the word Belleboo to see what came up and, lo and behold, found a site called Jill's Quilt Site so very cheekily emailed Jill only to discover that she was in Thailand, she didn't sell fabric but said she would go into Sampeng and have a look in the fabric suppliers who make it..
I am forever surprised at the kindness of other people. This is an email I received back.
Dear Carol,
I saw the fabric in another color. I ran out of time. Will be going back again next week and will look again. I don't think it has a name. I might have to buy a few meters and send it to you. How many meters do you need?
Jill'
She has since been back to the manufacturers and acquired me 5 mtrs of material, some in the original beige and some in pale blue which is now winging its way to me from that magical Country of Thialand.
I will, of course now become an ardent follower of her blog and see some of the lovely work she and her friends do, mostly for charity.
This is a link to her site  http://bkkquilt.com/
I am hoping I have made a new friend, one can't have enough of those can one?
Although I have no 'makes' to show you don't let it stop you from going over to Wendys at 1stUniquegifts.co.uk/blog and see what everyone else has made.
'

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely story and just shows there are nice people everywhere. Went and had a look at her site - that would be a great place for us crafters to live! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely lovely story! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. You might like this Wordsworth quote about little acts of kindness. Acts of Kindness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a search just like you instructed and came up with this one. Is this the correct one?
      “The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love”

      Delete
  4. Well done on your searching and to have made a new friend as well. Hope we are going to see this quilt when finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. How lovely Carol - very kind of her. Look forward to seeing the material. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iam doing 3 at once so it might be a while - like a year or two. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aren't people nice, especially crafty people! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How brilliant that at the touch of a few buttons we can communicate with people all over the world. Can't wait to see the material and what you make from it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are some lovely people in the world - we need to hear more about them, rather than just all the bad things that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly nice of her to go out her way to help a fellow crafter....great story.
    Can't wait to see the fabric xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, but good things happen for a reason so you obviously deserve it... cannot wait to see the finished item :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fantastic when someone goes out of their way for you isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I received a Versatile Bloggers Award this week and I am pleased to nominate you to receive this Award too. Have a look at this post for details of the Award:

    http://christmaspiecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol - you are one of my picks for the Versatile Blogger Award - pop over to my page to have a look. Mich x

    ReplyDelete