Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 April 2012

Little gift for a big nephew.

One of my nephews is getting married.  He and his partner have both been married before and have children from their respective marriages.   They also have their own home as have been together for some time now.  All this makes it difficult to give a suitable gift, they already have everything they want or need, so I decided to do a memory cushion. Having made the centre panel I am looking for white curtain type fabric for the rest of the cushion.  Last time I got just what I wanted from Dunhelm's shop but they appear to have cut back on their fabrics and naturalaly mine is one of those that has disappeared from the shelves.
I only need half a metre.   I could purchase on the internet but will incur £5 plus for postage and packaging which is a bit grim on such a small amount.
I know just what you are thinking, why not buy more to make it worth while.  If I do that with the enormous stash I have in my shed someone else in our household will have a fit of appoplexy. Grrrr.

However, a few quick pics of the panel which is completely hand sewn (except the hearts) got them from my local Aladins cave of a shop.




I do regret not doing the horseshoe in silver now but it is too late.

I am going to offer this post as my contribution to Wendy's Handmade Monday.  Do pop along and have a look at all the other beautiful offerings.

4 comments:

  1. I could have a look at our local Dunelms? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol that is so good and will be a lasting keepsake, so much better than a shop bought gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great gift - it is so hard to know what to give couples when they have most stuff but that is really unique and personal. They will love it. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery is top notch and the cushion is gorgeous.A lovely present to give. I have just made the ring cushion for my Son who is getting married this Saturday.Not much embroidery only the initials but loads of beads all hand sew on. Thankyou so much for your comments on my oil painting. I can't lay claim to the picture though as I was working from a painting in an Art magazine which the art teacher supplies us with. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete